If you’re adventurous like we are, and want to travel with a young child you will need a passport.
You thought that you could travel on a mother’s passport right? WRONG. welcome to 2016.
Anyway, you’ll need 3 things:
- $70 that is paid to ICA (do it online)
- A reasonable passport photo that meets ICA guidelines
- A general willingness to brave the crowds at ICA Lavender with your baby
I think you know how to do $70 and we will talk about the willingness later. We’re here to talk about the baby passport photo.
As it is, he’s probably grumpy AF and frowning all the time. So how, and when do we do this? Well, if you’ve got an iPhone like you probably do, just turn on burst shot, and if you’re lucky, you get one of these:
So how do we do it?
- Wake up early
- Put a white sheet behind him and lay him flat on his bed
- Turn on as many lights as you can in the room (preferably white – if you can get DAYLIGHT from the sun, even better!)
- Feed him, burp him, change him, then start to entertain him with is favourite colour or sound or thing. Remember circus clowns? You’re one of them.
- Get your partner to burst shot once with the iphone. If you time it right, it should only take you about 5 billion shots or so.
- Go through and find your favourite one.
- Put it into photoshop or lightroom or your favourite photo editting software.
- Select the white background with nominal tolerance (say… 15?)
- Set Brightness to as high as possible without ruining his face or making him look like a hair salon accident.
- TADAAAAA! Baby Passport Photo!